Answered By: Mariah Ford
Last Updated: Apr 11, 2016     Views: 47

I have an out-of-date or dead link to a document that no longer works. Any ideas?

There are several different things you can do! 

If the website still exists, but has just undergone restructuring, try searching the website for the title of the the document. If there isn't a search bar for the website, just Google the title + inurl:[website]. So, for example, if you are looking for the "Attorney General's Guidelines on XXX" on the Justice Department website, just Google: Attorney General's Guidelines on XXX 

You can also try to search for the original link in the Wayback Machine!  

You might also try searching a variety of databases and catalogs for the document. Some possibly useful ones, depending on the title and type of document:


Email Your Question

Email the Library

Please use the form below for any research questions regarding legal research, library information, etc. 

E-Resources Issue?

If you would like to report an issue with access to one of our electronic resources, or your library account, please use the e-resources form, located at

Legal Research or Other Library-Related Question
Fields marked with * are required.


Biddle Answers (FAQs)