Answered By: Gabriela Femenia
Last Updated: Feb 19, 2016     Views: 112

Where can I get help with a personal legal matter or dispute?

Biddle Law Library is not able to offer legal advice or to make referrals to individual lawyers, nor are Penn Law's faculty, staff or students.  The Philadelphia Bar Association does have a lawyer’s referral service.  That is available by calling 215-238-6333 or visiting

Penn Law does have a legal clinic. Its primary mission is to educate students but it also provides assistance in civil (not criminal) legal matters to those who qualify under its income guidelines. Intake is conducted over the telephone only and normally only during the beginning of each semester; the Clinic does not accept walk in applications for legal services. You can call the Clinic‘s Office at 215-898-8427 and speak with the Client Coordinator who will conduct an intake interview over the phone with you.  Please note, though, that they can accept only a very small number of the many requests they receive and will give you referral information for other legal services organizations if they are unable to help.

Email Your Question

Email the Library

Please use the form below for any research questions regarding legal research, library information, etc. 

E-Resources Issue?

If you would like to report an issue with access to one of our electronic resources, or your library account, please use the e-resources form, located at

Legal Research or Other Library-Related Question
Fields marked with * are required.

Related Topics


    Biddle Answers (FAQs)